- All sites must use SQL 2012 or greater
- All sites with 5+ simultaneous users to use SQL 2012 standard edition or later
- Dedicated Server but ‘small business’ can use a Server/Workstation
- Note: Practices with more than 4 users should consider only using a dedicated server
- Note: Practices with more than 9 users should consider a business server vs a highly specified personal computer. These practices should use Microsoft Small Business Server as a minimum.
- Min 100GB (recommend a Terabyte) Hard Drive on two drives for backup purposes. Larger practices may consider RAID configuration
- Server 16GB for newer machines ... a number of our larger clients are running with 32GB and 64GB
- Workstation 8Gb RAM ... prefer 16GB or 32GB
- Monitor Resolution should be no less than 1280x1024. But we RECOMMEND higher being anything above 1920x1080.
- Tier One Computers
- Intel Centrino or higher. Although this is dependent on the overall usage and configuration
- Offsite Backup
- For sites wanting to Share Outlook Calendars, Direct CONTROL requires Microsoft Exchange. Can use Office 365
- Windows 7 or 8 or 10 with SQL Express or SBS 2012 or later, larger practices (> 5 users) should consider a proper Microsoft Server Operating system as a minimum.
- WARNING ... if using SQL Express, ensure your IT is aware of RAM and database size restrictions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_Server_Express
- Office 2010 or 2013 Office 2016 or Office 365
- MYOB (Preferred) for Windows, Xero (has limitations) or Quick Books (optional)
- LogMeIn for support purposes.
- Preferably 1Git network capability, 100Mb will suit smaller practices
- Remote access into network
- Internet connectivity for server and workstations
- Highest available Broadband connection minimum 1mbs. ADSL2+
- 2 x quad Core Xeon 2.26Ghz E5520
- 24 Gigabytes ECC Registered DDR3
- 4 x 450GB SAS SCSI Hard Disk Drives 15K in RAID 6
- Windows Server 2012 or later as host
- Windows server 2012 or later as domain controller and exchange 2010 server or later (Guest machine in Hyper V)
- Windows Server 2012 or later as terminal server (Guest machine in Hyper-V)
- Server Files Drive:\Data\DirectCONTROLServerFiles. Ensure that this folder and subfolders are Shared for Everyone to access
- Client Files C:\program files\DirectCONTROL
Direct CONTROL access and login requirements
Remote Access (RDP) and www.logmein.com
Install Client on Server and WorkStations in the first instance ONLY
We will email a link for you to install Logmein FREE on the Server and Workstations
Clients are setup with their own Logmein Group and use this facility as well should they wish. We can also set them up with Logmein Pro should they choose at a cost.
The image below reference support of 2008 R2. This is no longer supported. We support 2012 and later effective July 2018.